Freely offered by Insight Meditation Center
Freely offered by IMC
This site is an archive of Dharma talks given by Gil Fronsdal, Andrea Fella, other IMC/IRC speakers and various guest speakers at the Insight Meditation Center in Redwood City, CA and at the Insight Retreat Center.
Each talk illuminates aspects of the Buddha's teachings. The purpose is the same that the Buddha had for his teachings, to guide us toward the end of suffering and the attainment of freedom.
These talks are freely available to download or listen to. Please help support this service with a tax-deductible donation.
Audiodharma exists through the generosity of many volunteers who do the recording, software programming, maintain our equipment, edit and transcribe the talks.
Insight Meditation Center (IMC): We are a community-based, urban refuge for the teachings and practice of insight meditation, also known as mindfulness or vipassana meditation. We offer Buddhist teachings in clear, accessible and open-handed ways. IMC is the parent organization for our other centers:
Insight Retreat Center (IRC): The Insight Retreat Center is our residential retreat center just outside of Santa Cruz, CA. We offer mostly silent meditation retreats throughout the year primarily focused on insight meditation (Vipassana) and the liberation teachings of the Buddha.
- We also offer Online Retreats using Zoom which follow a similar format to our residential retreats.
- The Sati Center for Buddhist Studies: We support the study and application of Buddhist teachings. Our perspective balances scholarly inquiry, personal practice and engagement in our world.
- The History of Audiodharma
GenerosityIMC continues a 2,600-year-old Buddhist tradition of providing the teachings freely to all who are interested. IMC has no paid staff and is run entirely by volunteers. All financial support comes from the generosity of those who value what we do. Donations support all expenses, including programs, publications, website, the Insight Retreat Center, and AudioDharma. Speakers receive no salary and are supported by speaker dāna, I.e., the donations they receive. We at IMC are very grateful for all the support we receive, and are inspired by how beautifully Dharma practice develops when it does so in a field of generosity and gratitude! Donate
You can stay informed by joining our Mailing Lists
To stay informed about IMC and IRC’s offerings, you can subscribe to to the following:
- Insight Meditation Center Email List: 2 options
- IMC Weekly Schedule, News & Newsletter or
- IMC News and Newsletter only (weekly schedule not included)
- Insight Retreat Center: IRC bi-yearly newsletter, occasional announcements